The OpenSource ROHC library
The ROHC library provides an easy and robust way for applications to reduce their bandwidth usage on network links with limited capacity or expensive costs. Headers of network packets are compressed with the ROHC protocol and algorithms.
The ROHC library is intended for developers who want to reduce the bandwidth requirements of their applications. Supported platforms include Linux, *BSD, Windows, and Android. If you're a developer, get started with the library.
The project is the resulting work of many contributors: CNES (the French Space Agency), Thales Alenia Space and Viveris Technologies are the initiators of the project. Viveris Technologies now sponsors the project by making available some developpers of its network & Linux team.
- Version 2.3.0 published with improved efficiency and performances
- Version 2.2.0 published with ROHCv2 profiles
- Major version 2.0.0 published
- Python binding available!
- Valid SSL certificate for the website
- New website for the ROHC library!
- ROHC monthly report (September)
- Maintenance versions 1.5.3 and 1.6.1 are available!
- View all announcements…
Viveris provides to the ROHC project the skills of its engineering teams in the telecommunications, network and Linux fields.
Viveris is a French engineering company specialized in advanced technologies and IT. For 30 years, Viveris has developed a pole of competences in embedded network services products.