The OpenSource ROHC library
The ROHC library provides an easy and robust way for applications to reduce their bandwidth usage on network links with limited capacity or expensive costs. Headers of network packets are compressed with the ROHC protocol and algorithms.
The ROHC library is intended for developers who want to reduce the bandwidth requirements of their applications. Supported platforms include Linux, *BSD, Windows, and Android. If you're a developer, get started with the library.
The library is published as Opensource under the GNU GPL2+ license. The project is the resulting work of many contributors: CNES (the French Space Agency), Thales Alenia Space and Viveris Technologies are the initiators of the project. Viveris Technologies now sponsors the project by making available some developpers of its network & Linux team.
- New website for the ROHC library!
- ROHC monthly report (September)
- Maintenance versions 1.5.3 and 1.6.1 are available!
- TCP profile in mainline
- Major version 1.6.0 published
- Maintenance versions 1.3.5, 1.4.3, and 1.5.2 are available!
- New IP/ROHC application!
- Linux kernel support available
- View all announcements…